• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NRD

Van Lifeson

Aug 11, 2018
Never heard of this brand RYSTL.
Not much info out there either.
New in the box, paid $25. Anyone know anything about this brand? Who made them? Thanks!

Attachments

• 4DF68EC0-0FF4-471F-83AA-DACF32AAA371.jpeg
    4DF68EC0-0FF4-471F-83AA-DACF32AAA371.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 27

I like it. The receive is nice but the transmit needs to be clipped. It sounds like a stock microphone even with a D104 on it and has minimal swing.

According to my cursory interwebz searching, Rystl was a consumer electronics company out of Florida. They started in 1970 and went under in 1986. I think they mainly imported Japanese produced items for their brand.

What little info I can find on their CBs suggests that Cybernet made most of, if not all of, their chassis. Which makes sense for the time period.

Your radio appears in Sams CB-99, if you can trust the indexes on the web. A crystal mixing chart can be found here: https://www.cbcintl.com/XTALS/AM 37600-10180-10635.pdf

From what I can find, Rystl only had 4 models of CB. So kind of a rare bird there. That it's in such good shape cosmetically is a nice bonus.

And that's everything I know about it.

According to my cursory interwebz searching, Rystl was a consumer electronics company out of Florida. They started in 1970 and went under in 1986. I think they mainly imported Japanese produced items for their brand.

What little info I can find on their CBs suggests that Cybernet made most of, if not all of, their chassis. Which makes sense for the time period.

Your radio appears in Sams CB-99, if you can trust the indexes on the web. A crystal mixing chart can be found here: https://www.cbcintl.com/XTALS/AM 37600-10180-10635.pdf

From what I can find, Rystl only had 4 models of CB. So kind of a rare bird there. That it's in such good shape cosmetically is a nice bonus.

And that's everything I know about it.
Thanks!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.