• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Nye Viking RFM-003

SmackDown

I passed on an opportunity to get this meter which was on ebay because it wasn't working. I wasn't sure if the Nye Company would take it and repair it. How good were these and do the Radiocraft meters work as well? The RFM-003 seller said that he replaced parts (pots) in the sample unit and shotgunned all the IC's yet it remained dead. I'm looking for a nice swr/power meter with good aesthetics and accuracy. Any suggestions from the crew?

3's

Nye, etc

I think those guys have been out of business for years!

Go to eham and ask there if anyone knows of a place for schematics or repairs for something like that.

There was a meter for sale on ebay but I passed it by. Today I got a call from the Nye company and was told the person who would repair those meters died 4 years ago so I was doubly glad I didn't pull the trigger on the buy. I read about Radiocraft meters being clones but their website host opens whenever I try to get on their site and I'm trying to find a vender without much luck. The clone is the Radiocraft 3000 pro.

3's

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.