• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

OK.... I give up...Please help

RADIOOMAN

Jun 1, 2012
Indiana, North East, EN71
I have been perusing this part of the forum trying to learn how to use the basic functions of posting for the purpose of replying to other peoples postings; That would include just the very basic 'QUOTE' function.
I have not been able to find the information I need so that I can read it and learn how to use this forum and its posting/replying/quote functions.
After following several 'clandestinely titled' topics or threads I have not been able to find the information I need.

So I am ready to give up and ask for help.
If any one would be willing to take some time to address my request then I would be very thankful.

Thank you, (in advance)
Radiooman

Last edited:

As for posting or replying you seem to have that down as you have done it about 18 times already. To quote someone you simply click the word "QUOTE" in the bottom right corner of the post you want to quote. When you do that the reply box will open with the quoted text already in it. Enter the text you want to include either above or below ( preferred) the quoted text.

hope this helps out

at the bottom of the thread, there is a button that says reply to post...click on that and you can reply with all the functionality such as attaching files or photos.

if you want to reply directly to someones comment, then within that comment is a box that allows you to quote that comment and then respond.

Captain Kilowatt
As for posting or replying you seem to have that down as you have done it about 18 times already. To quote someone you simply click the word "QUOTE" in the bottom right corner of the post you want to quote. When you do that the reply box will open with the quoted text already in it. Enter the text you want to include either above or below ( preferred) the quoted text.[/QUOTE]

I have done it that way but it does not seem to function as it should.
Others who do it is different from mine when I do it.
It seems that when others do it the quoted text shows up in a box isolated from the main window and mines does not.

Well I am gonna trial and error this till I get it to work as it seems to work for others I have seen.

As I am not interested in the emoticons, (though I do find some of them humerous) I would like to ignore those for now.

Thanks for your patience in advance.

Radiooman

at the bottom of the thread, there is a button that says reply to post...click on that and you can reply with all the functionality such as attaching files or photos.

if you want to reply directly to someones comment, then within that comment is a box that allows you to quote that comment and then respond.

Thanks gamegetter for taking the time to reply and for trying to help me with this.

I just can't get it to work the way it appears to work for the others.
I will keep trying.

The problem is still the quoted text is not in its own seperate box for me.
Others that post with a quote function has the quoted text in a seperate isolated box area.

Thanks again
Radiooman

It worked that time but I don't know what I did differently.

Radiooman

Me either. When you click on the word "quote" and the reply box opens the first thing you should see st the start of the quoted text is the word QUOTE right after a [ bracket. If I type the real example here it will respond as a real quote so hence my reference to it. Next should be the username of the person you are quoting followed by a five or six digit number which corresponds to the post number. That should all be before the quoted text and is done automatically. I do not see any of that in your posts except the one above that worked for you.Were you deleting any of it? You should just click "quote" and then enter your own text.

Me either. When you click on the word "quote" and the reply box opens the first thing you should see st the start of the quoted text is the word QUOTE right after a [ bracket. If I type the real example here it will respond as a real quote so hence my reference to it. Next should be the username of the person you are quoting followed by a five or six digit number which corresponds to the post number. That should all be before the quoted text and is done automatically. I do not see any of that in your posts except the one above that worked for you.Were you deleting any of it? You should just click "quote" and then enter your own text.

I think I have figured out what I had been doing wrong.
I had been editing the quoted text for the purpose of removing unecessary and superferlous infomation not germane to the quoted text that I wanted to reply to and in doing so inadvertantly removed some information that was needed for the quote function to display itself properly.
At least that is the conclusion I have come to at this point.

I think I might have this figured out now.
Thanks to all that offered thier assistance.

Radiooman

That's what I figured you were doing. You can edit a quoted text as long as you do not remove either the word [quote at the beginning or the /quote at the end as well as the quoted username and the series of numbers that happens before the quoted text begins. Just edit the plain text and do not touch the beginning and end of it and it will work for you. Basically you will see something like QUOTE=Captain Kilowatt;406857 at the beginning inside [ ] (if I put them in place here now the forum will think I am trying to do an actual quote) and then the text followed by a /quote inside another set of brackets [ ]. Do not edit those at all or it will screw up your quote.

Reactions: 1 person
I use Tapatalk mostly. There's not really many features available using it, but gets the job done.

I do like the layout of this forum over others I belong to. Some are difficult to read and are hard on the eyes.

I had been editing the quoted text for the purpose of removing unecessary and superferlous infomation not germane to the quoted text that I wanted to reply to and in doing so inadvertantly removed some information that was needed for the quote function to display itself properly.

Radiooman

"The god damn germans got nothin' to do with it". Sorry, I had to quote Buford T Justice.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated