• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

old school 2950 mosfet upgrade

hotrod

Feb 16, 2007
n.w pennsylvania
i got a old school 2950 w/ orange display and the one that the lock button
takes it from freq. display to just a regular number.was told it was the first generation.
anyway i was wondering if its possible to upgrade the driver /and 2 finals w/ mosfets
2030,s or something?power has been dropping off especially on ssb. tried tuning
it and L34 didnt do anything at all.limiters all still intact.seems to be tune as much
as can

If the finals are still good I would leave it be and just have it checked over. The older orange versions have several parts like the CPU that you cannot get, they are at that age where many are failing and cannot be fixed.

cpu is good. recieve is ok. just not much on tx. also looking into the frfx75 or possibly
even the rfx150. i gotta a local tech id have to see if he,d install either one.
i was thinking if i get a rfx 150 i,ll pretty much have a 2970 without all the issues
the newer ones seem to haveeven the rfx 75 would still double [maybe even a little more ]
than what im seeing now.far as mosfets which is better ?2030 or ir520??

That dual final 2950 should drive an RFX 150 just fine. However their documentation says that SSB will be effected in a negative way, at least that is what the RFX75 says.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.