• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Older plastic face Uniden Grant. Need to where a wire goes?

Low_Boy

Jan 21, 2010
Rochester N.Y.
I removed a useless channel mod from this radio. It is all back but the wire that lights the channel display. So when I push the dim button the meter dims but the channel display wire is not where it belongs and does not dim.They moved it. I need to know the color wire. There is a picture where they moved it from. If someone has this radio and can see where the other end goes I can put it back in the right place.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20230418_105005.jpg
    20230418_105005.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 27
  • 20230418_105100.jpg
    20230418_105100.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 26

I haven't forgotten about you my friend, all my stuff is still boxed up... but for now I can offer a picture of when I did have it opened up. So according to this picture the wire is white. Maybe this can help you some.20220702_150826.jpg

And this second picture it's visible going to the main pcb
20220702_151101.jpg

Hope this helps

Yours is much nicer than the one I have.
Hey you now have a living Grant so that's a good little gem. The bruises are worn like battle scars and the radio has earned respect.

I always wanted one because I'd never owned the beloved grant but thanks to a forum member I was fortunate enough to get an unmolested super clean one. For a few years I looked around and had actually given up until the one here came up, just couldn't pass it up.

They're about like the 148's, fewer and fewer that aren't hacked up or been slid around a barn shelf for the last 25 years.

Reactions: Low_Boy
Has one of those. They are great radios. Not sure why I let it go. I did replace it with a grant xl, and that love affair persists as I have 3 of them... one perfectly stock and unmolested.

Reactions: Eldorado828

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.