1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Oldie but a Goodie

Discussion in 'Station & Mobile Pics' started by oldtymer, Nov 30, 2018.

1. oldtymer

oldtymer Member

Not all of the station but my favorite. station (2).png

Rwb, TM86 and Shadetree Mechanic like this.

2. Delta 1

Delta 1 Well-Known Member

Very nice !!!

Rwb likes this.
  3. Captain Kilowatt

Captain Kilowatt Professional Amateur
    Staff Member

I have the TS-520 with DG-5 frequency display and the VFO-520 VFO. I also have the TS-820S with the matching VFO-820 and SP-820 speaker, AT-220 tuner and MC-50 microphone. I like the Kenwood hybrids.

Rwb, kopcicle, oldtymer and 1 other person like this.
  4. kopcicle

kopcicle Sr. Member

a lot . :)
    once I replaced the HV caps, screen resistors, cathode resistors, rewound a plate choke, rebuilt a band switch, gave it a complete tune up, and put all the filters in it.
    It's essentially a "Gold Label" 830 now.

I do have one aberration. I get a consistent complaint from "one" operator about the "thump" from my MC-50 Mic. If I ask, others will tell me it's there but this one boojum insists on calling attention to it not just every time I join a conversation but every time I unkey!

In case you're wondering the screen laid over and shorted to, well, everything. It wasn't so much abuse as I don't expect much more than 100w on all but 10m. It was just age. Same with the band switch.

CK is fortunate that it's an 820 in at least one way. The external VFO for the 820 is a lot easier to find. Now to find a TL-922A. Yeah there's better but it would at least look at home next to the 830.

The "other" hybrid is the Uniden "Henry" Tempo 2020. That is a whole book of different right up to the 12BY7A and the 6146's. The PA's are essentially the same. (I have three 2020's)

I just like them. A lot.

Rwb, murdog and oldtymer like this.