• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Oldie but a Goodie

oldtymer

Nov 15, 2018
Near Asheville, NC
Not all of the station but my favorite.
station (2).png

I like the Kenwood hybrids.
a lot . :)
once I replaced the HV caps, screen resistors, cathode resistors, rewound a plate choke, rebuilt a band switch, gave it a complete tune up, and put all the filters in it.
It's essentially a "Gold Label" 830 now.

I do have one aberration. I get a consistent complaint from "one" operator about the "thump" from my MC-50 Mic. If I ask, others will tell me it's there but this one boojum insists on calling attention to it not just every time I join a conversation but every time I unkey!

In case you're wondering the screen laid over and shorted to, well, everything. It wasn't so much abuse as I don't expect much more than 100w on all but 10m. It was just age. Same with the band switch.

CK is fortunate that it's an 820 in at least one way. The external VFO for the 820 is a lot easier to find. Now to find a TL-922A. Yeah there's better but it would at least look at home next to the 830.

The "other" hybrid is the Uniden "Henry" Tempo 2020. That is a whole book of different right up to the 12BY7A and the 6146's. The PA's are essentially the same. (I have three 2020's)

I just like them. A lot.

a lot . :)
once I replaced the HV caps, screen resistors, cathode resistors, rewound a plate choke, rebuilt a band switch, gave it a complete tune up, and put all the filters in it.
It's essentially a "Gold Label" 830 now.

I do have one aberration. I get a consistent complaint from "one" operator about the "thump" from my MC-50 Mic. If I ask, others will tell me it's there but this one boojum insists on calling attention to it not just every time I join a conversation but every time I unkey!

In case you're wondering the screen laid over and shorted to, well, everything. It wasn't so much abuse as I don't expect much more than 100w on all but 10m. It was just age. Same with the band switch.

CK is fortunate that it's an 820 in at least one way. The external VFO for the 820 is a lot easier to find. Now to find a TL-922A. Yeah there's better but it would at least look at home next to the 830.

The "other" hybrid is the Uniden "Henry" Tempo 2020. That is a whole book of different right up to the 12BY7A and the 6146's. The PA's are essentially the same. (I have three 2020's)

I just like them. A lot.
There are two 922 amps for sale on QTH & QRZ both posted today

Very nice !!!
I have the ts520se but needs another rectifier and power board, in time I will get them hi also have the ts530s what a great rig. I am only a novice here in uk but 10 watts will work the world, have a heathkit sb100 but needs psu and upgrade. and have the ft840 so plenty to play with hi hi. ok I will let you guys druel over the pics, nice line of hybrids and some still wear the trio Marque, like my Trio ts530s, made them well,and stand the test of time..73s jim

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated