• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ontario, Canada banning CB's

lol,just noticed your signature there,could prove to be very ironic,

the way your goverment is going it won't just be real radios that glow in the dark,the whole planet will glow in the dark from nuclear contamination.the government over here is just as bad,they think they can just march into any country dictate how they should live and take whatever they want,its only a matter of time before they hit one with unknown nuclear capability with little to lose who say f@ck you!!!!!!!!!

Iran or N.Korea might just be that step too far.Both are well capable of being the f@ck you merchants.
yes.gif

Especially with Blowbama in charge.

yes.gif

Especially with Blowbama in charge.

Ironic a man who was partial to marijuana,cocaine and booze would continue the war on drugs in afghanistan,hypocrisy? or just a shield to hide the true nature of US/UK involvement there,which is afghanistans untapped mineral/oil wealth:
Mining in Afghanistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which lets face it was the exact same reason the soviets were there and got their @rses kicked too.

Also ironic that since the war on drugs started,afghanistan a country all but devoid of heroin under the taliban who outlawed its growning should now within a mere couple of years become the WORLDS major exporter of heroin.

two very good reasons for the UK/US governments to lie to their people,firstly to get them that stoned they don't aslk questions,secondly to alleviate afghanistan of its reserves of oil,copper,lithium,barite,chromite,coal,gold,iron ore,lead,natural gas,and not forgetting,salt,sulpher,talc,zinc,high quality emeralds,rubies and lapis lazuli,plus quartz,topaz,tourmaline,sapphire,aquamarine to name but a few,quite a haul and no shortage of justification for our illicit presence there,is it any wonder the afghan (insurgents,pmsl,quality,insurgents in their own country) people will fight till the death to protect their future.

then there's the biggie,afghanistans uranium deposits,another reason why the soviets were there and no doubt a huge reason why we are there.

If you are gullible enough to believe our presence in afghanistan is to prevent drugs and to rescue the afghan people from the taliban,you are seriously deluded,if you believe the threat to invade Iran is nothing to do with that country's oil and uranium reserves,think again.

Its only a matter of time till the people who wish to defend their interests in those countries have nuclear capability,we should be very very concerned that our government's actions today could bring widespread death and destruction to our cities tomorrow.

The mineral wealth of Afghanistan is found in the opium compounds.
The US could just as easily stomp the opium poppy out of existence for a couple of years and destroy the lion's share of that market. Of course, I don't expect them do the right thing - they wouldn't know how. Neither would they want to. They would just call it interfering. As if we aren't doing that now . . .

hxxp://news.ontario.ca/mto/en/2009/09/ontarios-new-rules-for-hand-held-wireless-and-entertainment-devices.html

I hope I'm not going against site rules by posting this!
I have not made the link live just in case.
Mods, please delete and advise if so.

At the end of the page, there is a link for exceptions.
This is from the "horses mouth" to say, and should have answers.
tracker.

Just a head's up on that amateur radio operators were removed from the list. You can transmit when driving. It doesn't mention CBers.

Having watched the last few weeks, lots of people are still suing their cell phones. It's not often that you get a chance to observe CBers in the middle of a transmission, unless of course, you're on the highway. I should point out however that this law will not stop users of any types of radio equipment.

Anyway, here's the link to the announcement.

ARES Ontario (Amateur Radio Emergency Service - Ontario Section)

Could I get some money if I "sue" my cellphone?:LOL: Just kidding!

CWM

Someday that law will be here in the good ol U.S.A. and when that happens i will retire from driving a semi truck. It gets scary when you pass another truck at night and the driver is on their lap-top computer. i have seen this many times lately. Hmmmmm where is their minds ???? Not on the road.

Not to mention truckers texting while driving. When I saw the driver texting in my rear view mirror, I just let him go and kill someone else.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.