• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Opinions on an amp.

pro151

KB4RMA
Nov 10, 2007
N.E. Alabama
Mack, having seen some of your work I respect your opinion on quality and craftsmanship. This was posted by Black-Hole on sparky's forum. What do you think?

Attachments

• PC Case Amp 1Web.jpg
    PC Case Amp 1Web.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 185
  • PC Case Amp 2Web.jpg
    PC Case Amp 2Web.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 194
  • PC Case Amp 3Web.jpg
    PC Case Amp 3Web.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 175

Nice use of a pc tower, let me know when he gets it tuned, it has no output tuning in the picture.

And it would be nice if guys would learn how to cut their pill strips so their trannys line up like the pros.

Never heard of the fellow until today. He only posted the pics in a reply in a thread and he only has 8 posts on sparky's forum.

I have asked for more information on the amp.

Looks like a nice clean build.

Never heard of the fellow until today. He only posted the pics in a reply in a thread and he only has 8 posts on sparky's forum.

I have asked for more information on the amp.

Looks like a nice clean build.

What in that picture makes you think it is a nice clean build? the fancy blue lights? for one, it looks like poop wire lengths all different as Mack said the transformers look like a blind man installed them, besides a host of other bad rf practices.

Appears to me that someone else built that "amp" and he simply took it apart and reinstalled it in a pc case.

Perhaps I'm wrong.

Mack, having seen some of your work I respect your opinion on quality and craftsmanship. This was posted by Black-Hole on sparky's forum. What do you think?

Might as well chunk the balancing resistors on the output combiner in the trash, they are going to smoke anyway. 1 sd 1446 driving 2x1446 driving 6 2879's, nothing clean about that. Some people should stick to making bird houses for a hobby.

What in that picture makes you think it is a nice clean build? the fancy blue lights? for one, it looks like poop wire lengths all different as Mack said the transformers look like a blind man installed them, besides a host of other bad rf practices.

That pretty much describes most amps built solely for 11m. :whistle:

Might as well chunk the balancing resistors on the output combiner in the trash, they are going to smoke anyway. 1 sd 1446 driving 2x1446 driving 6 2879's, nothing clean about that. Some people should stick to making bird houses for a hobby.

But it makes the operator feel warm and fuzzy watching the meter swing so high. Then again maybe that fuzzy feeling is RF radiation. :D

Don't laugh - my first computer was a smokin' 33MHz Micron!

Just upgraded over the past weekend. My 10 year-old eMachine died a total death: a BLUE screen of death would have been an upgrade! It wouldn't even start in Safe Mode. Sigh!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.