• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Original 1992 first run Dave Made M400 *pics*

:) ROFLM Motor-Fixin' AO @ "Ms. Suburban :)

"Don't come out on the Super Bowl with your nose all snotty, if you don't know what you're talking about, you better ask somebody"!

D99.jpg

Paws seems really butt hurt maybe Dave sold a few amps to people paws was trying to sell to.

D95.jpg

My associates don't buy transistor amplifiers.

I think the thread starters point was the amp was from a1992, if you look at all the copycats out there they basically all still look like this where are all the improvements these techs have made?

I don't built transistor amplifers however, I set the priorities for those who do.

Paws where do you build your amps at?

amp-2.jpg

Basement? Bedroom or Garage?

DCP01016.jpg

Kitchen Table!

" Paws Basement Made amps" Got down?

october011.jpg

Yes, they do!

2010-12-05153926.jpg

ETA:
83.JPG

Last edited:
:) ROFLM Motor-Fixin' AO @ "Ms. Suburban :)

"Don't come out on the Super Bowl with your nose all snotty, if you don't know what you're talking about, you better ask somebody"!

D99.jpg

D95.jpg

My associates don't buy transistor amplifiers.
I don't built transistor amplifers however, I set the priorities for those who do.
amp-2.jpg

DCP01016.jpg

Kitchen Table!

october011.jpg

Yes, they do!

2010-12-05153926.jpg

ETA:
83.JPG

Paws love the magic marker labeling along with the inside of your amp when did you build most of them when you 17? just learning electronics? I dont see good rf practice inside any of them. And yes you did build pill amps I have pictures you posted a few years back of the dc amps you tried to duplicate. Paws a word to the wise i have more reflect power than you have forward.

I am looking at your 2- g35b amp and cant help but laugh at the layout. I would tell you what you did wrong but you will just argue thats it's the best thing since sliced bread.... Thanks for the pics I needed a good laugh.

Mac, you'd gain nothing.

really want to make that amp sing, pull the DC feed OUT of the output xformers, and then feed DC through a SEPERATE DC choke.

10 percent or more gain doing this.....

BUT, no, removing the chokes from the electrical center tap of the xformers won't hurt, won't help. The only thing it would protect is RF being fedback if you had an imbalance in one of the 2 pill amps.

--Toll_Free

BRASS flathead screws around the entire case.
(4) flathead brass screws securing each of the the so-239's (nut and bolt)

Not to nitpick, but.....

Those aren't flat head, they're pan head screws. A flat head requires a countersinking, and the head sits flush with the chassis. A pan head sits on top like a round head screw.

And Paws - I like the Magic Marker job. Definitely adds flair. :D

Not to nitpick, but.....

Those aren't flat head, they're pan head screws. A flat head requires a countersinking, and the head sits flush with the chassis. A pan head sits on top like a round head screw.

And Paws - I like the Magic Marker job. Definitely adds flair. :D

If that was done with a magic marker, then I must be Michaelangelo!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.