• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Other books that cover radio fundamentals?

guitar_199

Mar 8, 2011
Deer Park, TX
I know about Lou Franklin's book/books and am currently waiting on a return email from him to make sure that I can go ahead and order from him..... butIs anyone aware of any other books in the landscape that instruct the reader on how communications radio circuits work? Sort of "from the beginning". I don't think I really need "all the way back" but it wouldn't hurt to have it on hand. Just generally how RF amps, IF mixers, AGC, detection( AM, SSB, FM...) work... how mixers create the target frequency and then passing it out through to the finals..... and, again, sort of textbook style?

Would be neat if it focussed on solid state mobile radios. I have seen quite a few that cover tube technology... but would like to see something on how you handle the functions with solid state?

Thanks in advance...
Bob

Yes thank you, I still remember taking the practice tests on qrz to get my ticket back in 2012... then again in 2013 to upgrade to general. But this is the kind of theory that I should have/ still need to study, and the best part is it’s free. I feel like the Lou franklin books are very expensive. I will be the first to admit that I’m no expert. But I feel like this is, what a lot of people have been looking for.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.