• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Our Friend Marconi

Godspeed, Marconi. May your last sight in this world be that of your loving family and your first sight in the next world be the face of your loving God.
Amen.

At 2:00 AM this morning, Eddie was granted his wings and went silent key.
Thank you everyone for your words, thoughts and prayers for his family.

Jeff

At 2:00 AM this morning, Eddie was granted his wings and went silent key.
Thank you everyone for your words, thoughts and prayers for his family.
Sorry to hear the news, I didn't know the man but sounds like we need more of his personality in this world and I'm sure he will be rewarded with peace and good thoughts. I do remember him giving me a like in one of the antenna threads in here which I seen as a compliment coming from someone of his knowledge and skill. Wish his family well in their time of grieving.

Knew and talked to Eddie on the radio for over 30 years. 200 miles as the crow flies. GP to GP - Mother Nature and 1600'+ height difference helped out. In the 90's, it was usually once a week. I showed up on his contact lists when he was doing his antenna comparisons. Later on, we talked on the phone and in the forum. In 2019, he called me up and said he wanted me to come pick up his radio gear, that he wanted it to go to a good home. I hooked up a U-Haul and drove to Houston and met Eddie, Tonya and Harry. Nice people and nice to be able to finally put a face to the voice. I will miss him and our conversations.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.