• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Our Local Drive-In Theater Is Now Digital.

Mudfoot

Elmer
Jun 17, 2009
Southeast Ohio
The Skyview Drive-In movie theater is 6 miles from my house. I believe it opened in late 40's, been going since I was a wee lad.

My youngest son is Autistic and really gets off watching movies on the big screen. We go just about every week that it's open. Last week was the first movie of the season and was also the first time they showed off their new digital projector. It's the first in Ohio to make the change.

Man, it's like watching a plasma TV right in front of you. I was totally amazed at the clarity and vividness of the picture. Before, you had trouble making out parts of the movies, especially if the scene was inside a dark room or other low light set. The reflected light off the screen lights up the whole parking lot.

Anyways, I thought I'd share. I look forward to watching some good movies outside from now on. I imagine the changeover was very expensive, but admission and snack bar prices are same as last year.

There's not many outdoor theaters left to enjoy. Back in the day, there were around 7 theaters in a 25 miles radius. The next closest is 40 miles in Columbus.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.