• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

out with the old ..in with the ..

Nov 2, 2013
been looking at something with build quality as nowadays everything you buy is mass produced with quantity rather than quality been the norm , mr coilys enforcer , interceptor 10 , and BMTs Shockwave being main contenders ...the old is my trusty Avanti sigma 4 ..a very good antenna in its day and still a very good DX tool which still does the business ..mr coilys $500 beauty seemed just a little out my price range ...jays I10k was my next choice due to the fact it wasn't new but a tried n well tested antenna ..by well respected users far n wide ..the problem with jays antenna was I could never find one or get any response to countless emails sent ..chris was next and was gonna pull trigger on a nice new $350 shockwave , then I had the chance of a used one and 10 days later she was here with me ..as son as I seen antenna out of its packaging I could see what all the fuss was ..like the enforcer , I10k this was a solid well made beast ...was it gonna be any better than my hygain 500 penetrator .my trusty Avanti sigma 4 ..or any other good old American antennas of yesteryear ..? ...well "shockwave " ..a very easy antenna to put together ..al sections marked up and bulletproof , trombone was nice and easy to assemble ..again marked , analyser telling me standing wave good 1.1 and 50 ohms at 27 400 which keeps me good for higher freqs , my choice of DX when its busy downstairs ..a little early to say how she fairs with the Avanti but a few locals are saying a slight improvement on tx ..not much mabee 1/2 s unit or so ,,I did notice when I had some conditions a week or so ago ..when I switched from the quad to the shockwave I was very pleased with the rx side ...when I run the sigma I always noticed a little drop ..mabee 2 /3 s units ..so early indications are she is gonna do a fine job ..sig 4.jpg shock4.jpg sig 4.jpg shock4.jpg shock3.jpg

Attachments

• shok4.jpg
    shok4.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 15

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.