• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PA jack getting receive

glad you found the problem. this type of item we can not help you find the mechanical problem. just like having dirty controls that need cleaning.you would be surprised to find out how many radios over the years I have fixed just by cleaning the controls or even finding bad solder joints
good job Kaos

glad you found the problem. this type of item we can not help you find the mechanical problem. just like having dirty controls that need cleaning.you would be surprised to find out how many radios over the years I have fixed just by cleaning the controls or even finding bad solder joints
good job Kaos
Wear and tear.

Common problem. Every DIY guy should have a bag of new jacks. I personally prefer replacing them. Cleaning sometimes solves the issue, but often only temporally. Contact tension degrades over time, especially on those cheap mini jacks, not to mention the effects of corrosion. The exception to my rule is when Styrofoam was often found stuck inside those jacks and other orifices on a new radio. Fortunately that's not much of an issue anymore since they started wrapping radios in plastic first.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?