• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PA speaker

thetnhillbilly

Jun 28, 2006
Tennessee, U.S.A.
To my understanding, if a stock cb is used, an added PA speaker should be 8ohm and handle at least 4W. If the radio has been modified for more power, does that affect the power to the PA jack? Would an 8ohm 6W paging horn hooked up to a modded cb risk blowing the horn? Can I toot my own horn?

thetnhillbilly said:
To my understanding, if a stock cb is used, an added PA speaker should be 8ohm and handle at least 4W. If the radio has been modified for more power, does that affect the power to the PA jack?

No, the audio chip will still deliver the same power to the speaker and PA jacks.

thetnhillbilly said:
Would an 8ohm 6W paging horn hooked up to a modded cb risk blowing the horn?

Not likely at all. Most CB units only put out about 4 to 5 watts of audio, and many put out less than that.

thetnhillbilly said:
Can I toot my own horn?

Sure. You'll need to have a professional BS artist add a mouthpiece to it, and possibly some sort of metal tubing to make sure it has an audible tone, but once the proper mods are done, you can toot your own horn.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.