• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PA speakers

Roger Dodger said:
MatchboxMan said:
Better check local laws first, you might do something like that to a local undercover and get a big surprise :shock:
I was going to suggest that very same. In my town, I did witness a traffic stop for that very reason. Often the driver can be cited for impersonating an emergency vehicle as those are typically the only PA equipped vehicles on the road. You have to use caution on when and what you say, other than that it's not illegal to have that feature in the vehicle.

It's fun when you see a hitchhiker up ahead and say, "need a ride? Buy a car!" or Need a lift? Stick a jack up yer ass!". :shock:

hahaha

Well I got it all installed, PA and the cb itself. Its alot of fun. For those who were wondering the PA speaker is very loud. I can be heard pretty well over my engine. It was a pain to find a place to put it though. My engine compartment is very small, which made the mounting tough. I got the 4x6 radio shack. Its 25watts max power. It is really loud, I can even hear it in my cab pretty well.

I will be watching what im saying though. Its just fun to mess with friends and family though.

PSDfreak said:
How does it hook up? Just one wire to the back of the CB or is there a power and ground going to it?

Thanks,
Casey

Okay what youll have is a two short wires (together) coming from the PA, one is positive and the other is negative.

All you have to do is splice some cables with a 3.5mm jack on the end. Tie em together and plug the jack into the cb.

so youd want a cable similar to this, 3.5mm plug from walcottcb.com

That should work for ya. You may need to find some extra speaker wire cause thats only 8 feet and it wasn't even enough for my truck.

If you have any more questions Casey, id be happy to answer em.

Well I went to radio shack today and picked up the 4x6 just like yours and got it all hooked up....Mounted in under the driver side of the truck just in front of the door and its loud! I am more that happy with the volume...my only problem is that if I have the dynamic turned up too much I get the loud screeching feedback sound so I just have to figure out where to have it so its the loudest without getting the feedback..thanks for the advice im very happy with it!

-Casey

PSDfreak said:
Well I went to radio shack today and picked up the 4x6 just like yours and got it all hooked up....Mounted in under the driver side of the truck just in front of the door and its loud! I am more that happy with the volume...my only problem is that if I have the dynamic turned up too much I get the loud screeching feedback sound so I just have to figure out where to have it so its the loudest without getting the feedback..thanks for the advice im very happy with it!

-Casey

Hey no problem man. I just got done with a bit of use around my friend's college. Alot of fun. Enjoy it and be carefull of the cops. Definately dont want to use it around them, might get ya a ticket. But your friends will really enjoy it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.