• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

? Palomar 221

W4CJB

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 17, 2012
Beaches of NW Florida
Hello Gents,
A friend picked up what I think is a Palomar 221 and gave it to me to play around with. It is a tube amp and only has the 221 under the meter. does anyone have info on this amp? user or service manuals, etc. any info at all. I haven't opened it up yet to see what's inside or what may be missing. Thought I'd try to get some info 1st.

Here's the pic in my album page or link is it doesn't show here.
http://www.worldwidedx.com/members/w4cjb-albums-palomar-221-picture4205-palomar-221.html
w4cjb-albums-palomar-221-picture4205-palomar-221.jpg

Thanks, John

Palomar 221

You correctly identified your amp. I typed in the Bing search box Palomar 221 and the same amp came up.
Should be great fun to fix up.

Attachments

• palomar221.jpg
    palomar221.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
221 schematic

Palomar did some weird things to try staying one step ahead of the FCC.
Putting out product under different names was one of them. They also made a Solid State amp with auto SSB that was named "PAL Buddy".
I still have it and it works.
Here is a schematic for a PAL 221.

Attachments

• pal_221_sch.pdf
    109.4 KB · Views: 58
Tnx Tallman. I just looked at the Schematic and opened up the amp. This amp has two 6KD6 tubes in it. the schematic shows 3 tubes? Also, I'm guessing this is a single band amp?? Being Palomar guessing 11 meter?
Tnx for the info, it's much appreciated.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.