• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

palomar 225 blue face?

To the best of my knowledge, yes the blue face are all auto SSB with the delay determined by a capacitor value. Most likely a pair of MRF455 though I have seen some references to SD1446 and 2SC2290's as possible. I can only confirm the MRF455 for sure.

They were decent boxes for what they were. I always felt the blue faced ones were built better than the black faced ones.

Gary up in Washington built the blue faces and Verne in Texas built the black faces. Pity those went away.

I don't know that I have seen the inside of a 225, but I know the xl-350/xl-450 blue faced amps are much better than most, good AB bias and filtering.
- a quick google image check shows that some of the 225/250 series were as well.

as it turns out it was my meters that are the problem, so this is just more useless knowledge pushing out other things I might actually need later.

there's a yellow face for sale out by me now, I'd seen blue and black faced before, but never a yellow.
any idea where/who built that k8cpa?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.