• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Palomar 225 keeps blowing fuses when power leads are hooked up

If that radio talked at all there is something missing here.....

Not being a technician and or a smart ass I would not know why but my son told me over this same radio that it sounded as if I were very far away so I'm guessing even though there was no output from the final transistor the drive transistor had enough to transmit 50' at low audio level.

The power meter on the radio would be at 0 and back up just a hair when keyed and receive was perfect before I changed the output transistor.

Turbo T said:
Also Mackmobile what kind of meter did you use to get your readings?

The radio keys at 3.5 watts and swings to around 16 watts pep and as far as the amp I drove it with my rci-2950dx at that same 3.5 watts and it swings to around 24 watts pep which keys the amp at 20 watts on low with a pep of 80 watts and on high it keys at 50 and swings to 150 watts pep.

I plan to put the amp in my sons car so that's how it will be run and I'll install a fan on the heatsink.

Not being a technician and or a smart ass I would not know why but my son told me over this same radio that it sounded as if I were very far away so I'm guessing even though there was no output from the final transistor the drive transistor had enough to transmit 50' at low audio level.

The power meter on the radio would be at 0 and back up just a hair when keyed and receive was perfect before I changed the output transistor.

The radio keys at 3.5 watts and swings to around 16 watts pep and as far as the amp I drove it with my rci-2950dx at that same 3.5 watts and it swings to around 24 watts pep which keys the amp at 20 watts on low with a pep of 80 watts and on high it keys at 50 and swings to 150 watts pep.

I plan to put the amp in my sons car so that's how it will be run and I'll install a fan on the heatsink.

That was actually directed at turbo, if that was a virgin radio then that would be the 1st one I'd ever heard of with the isolator missing from the factory...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.