• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Palomar 2400 Help

kg5un

Aug 13, 2010
Abilene, Texas
Picked up a rough looking Palomar 2400 at a garage sale today.
Powers up, decent power out.
Here is the problem: On bands A and B it is on 28.135, no matter where the channel knob is, freq doesnt change.
Bands C and D is on 28.585.
Bands E and F are on 29.035

Any ideas as to what the problem could be?

Is this radio even worth messing with?
thanks,
Ed

I think i had one yrs ago,

and i had a chania...it was great...the only thing was it had a open front end,bleed-over bad.I had a frend 4 doors down,and one 3 blocks away,and both had cBrowning MK4As...just think of me on ssb and someone keying up that close at 11pm when the whole hose is asleep and quite...they caught me once with head phone on.heh 73s de JW...if you give up on it,ill take it...

and i had a chania...it was great...the only thing was it had a open front end,bleed-over bad.I had a frend 4 doors down,and one 3 blocks away,and both had cBrowning MK4As...just think of me on ssb and someone keying up that close at 11pm when the whole hose is asleep and quite...they caught me once with head phone on.heh 73s de JW...if you give up on it,ill take it...

I will keep you in mind. I am not much of a tech at all so wont go too far with it anyway. I also have a couple of modified TRC-449's with the deal, havent done much with them yet, one is pretty ill, the other has some hope maybe.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.