• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Palomar 600 Elite: How Many Input Watts Are Too Much?

Thanks for the comment . . .

LOL. This thread was started nearly a decade ago!
If I was working on that amp and radio today, I would not do it the way I did originally. First off, I would have pulled the driver transistor out of that amp and made it into just a four pill amp. Then I would have put in the modulation limiter transistor back in - that someone had taken out of - the cobra 148 that was driving that amp. What can I say? I know better now!

Still too many crappy AM radio stations run by people who really do mean well, but do not have much of a real clue of what they are doing or how to accomplish what they want to do. It has gotten better overall in the last ten years, because they got older and better informed IMO. But there are still holdouts to superstition-based radio mods based upon old wives tales and just old, outdated, incorrect info.

Have a nice day . . .

Last edited:
Thanks for the comment . . .

LOL. This thread was started nearly a decade ago!
If I was working on that amp and radio today, I would not do it the way I did originally. First off, I would have pulled the driver transistor out of that amp and made it into just a four pill amp. Then I would have put in the modulation limiter transistor back in - that someone had taken out of - the cobra 148 that was driving that amp. What can I say? I know better now!

Still too many crappy AM radio stations run by people who really do mean well, but do not have much of a real clue of what they are doing or how to accomplish what they want to do. It has gotten better overall in the last ten years, because they got older and better informed IMO. But there are still holdouts to superstition-based radio mods based upon old wives tales and just old, outdated, incorrect info.

Have a nice day . . .
You reminded me to check the time of the postings I read and reply too.
I always assume a post I'm reading is new.
I don't know what allows a post that's years old to pop up? But those 1, 5 ect ect year old postings do pop up. I did initially think why is robb asking a question such as this? Robb knows his shit! I'm going to try to remember to look at the time/date of the post before I get involved in it. Be well Robb. 73

Reactions: Robb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated