• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Palomar HD 450 Is It Enough Power To Screw With Cars PCM

Here, let me clarify the installation for you. Maybe this will help you help the young lad. (I did not add the caption in place of the license plate, that is how I found the picture.)

Attachments

• DJBOUTIT IDIOT TAG.jpg
    DJBOUTIT IDIOT TAG.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: 1 person
Thread resurrect:

I had an '84 Buick Century with the 4- cylinder engine. Upon installation of a President George with a TX-800 behind it, the ECM promptly died, rendering the engine inoperable. Went through the entire installation from front to back, bought a new chip, keyed the radio and it (the ECM) died again. After that I bought a third chip (did I mention these things were $100 a pop?) and learned to run a barefoot radio.

However I really wanted to run that TX-800 so I sold the Buick, bought a Plymouth and installed the same setup. Never had any problems with the Plymouth.

A 10 year old 2002 Dodge Caravan is on borrowed time already.[/QUOTE]

LOL! Im STILL driving a 1988 Pontiac Bonneville and it has well over 250K miles on it!!!!!

A 10 year old 2002 Dodge Caravan is on borrowed time already.

LOL! Im STILL driving a 1988 Pontiac Bonneville and it has well over 250K miles on it!!!!![/QUOTE]

A Pontiac Bonneville is not a Dodge Caravan!

Thread resurrect:

I had an '84 Buick Century with the 4- cylinder engine. Upon installation of a President George with a TX-800 behind it, the ECM promptly died, rendering the engine inoperable. Went through the entire installation from front to back, bought a new chip, keyed the radio and it (the ECM) died again. After that I bought a third chip (did I mention these things were $100 a pop?) and learned to run a barefoot radio.

However I really wanted to run that TX-800 so I sold the Buick, bought a Plymouth and installed the same setup. Never had any problems with the Plymouth.

A 1984 Century with a carb, has an ECM? Can't be very much to control.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.