• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PALOMAR MAGNUM TX 2250 AMPLIFIER.

Any information? Just looking at the specs is appears to be a typical cheapie Low Drive 2 pill. Nothing special to see here folks

looks like the bullet proof line .... they were ab biased and said to be decent little amps . but you really don't know whats in a palomar amp till you look inside since there's so many folks that put their board in the same cases ...... :blink:

I just viewed the website associated with the link you provided and am having a problem with the information.
They show the voltage and the current demand and the wattage.
If you do the math there seems to be a bit on an inconsistency with these numbers.
I am gonna go out on a limb here and say that I would be surprised if it does 220 ssb.
12 x 15 = 180 watts. Which indicates that this amplifier is 122% efficient and we all know that can't be so.
Even if you raise the voltage to 14 it still makes the amplifier put out more than it consumes.
And that can't be, provided we adhere to present day physics.

looks like the bullet proof line .... they were ab biased and said to be decent little amps . but you really don't know whats in a palomar amp till you look inside since there's so many folks that put their board in the same cases ...... :blink:

I think the name 'PALOMAR' got used by several manufacturers that had nothing to do with the original Palomar company.
So yes, exactly, you won't know whats in there till you open it up.

I was gonna guess and say that this amp, if it's typical of the ones I am familiar with that are along this calibur, will do about maybe 150 pep.

I see the pic now, yes that is a BulletProof clone. I run a Bulletproof I on the base, it's a 2 pill 1446 amp. They also made a one pill, one with 2290's, and one with 2879's. One feature I love is on the back side of the amp is a plastic VR pot that is the SSB delay adjustment. Lets you adjust it to almost nothing to maybe 1.5 seconds. You will have to open it up to see what finals you have in there.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.