• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Palomar SSB 600 CB Radio

ElectronTubesRule

Sep 6, 2011
So is this radio basically the same as the Palomar SSB 500 outside of cosmetics?

This is what I can tell you about mine. It has dual finals and it looks all factory. I used a flash light and they are both 2SC1969 finals, then too the left of the finals are two transistors I can not read because of the parts surrounding them.

I have never had any luck online finding a schematic of it. I can always find the Palomar 500 but never the 600.

I took it to a local CB/electronic store to see if they had a relay I needed for it in stock either new or good used take off.........They had to put it on the scope and metters and check it out while drooling over it. Then he gave me his card and asked me to let him make an offer on it if I ever wanted to sell it! As luck would have it they had a NOS relay that fit it like a glove.

So if anyone has any info on this radio it would be cool to have. It has the LC7120 PLL and it was made in Korea. It does not appear to be an export design in spite of the dual 1969 finals. No binary adder's or a place for them on the board that I can see.

The radio has loud punchy crystal clear audio on AM and SSB and it is rock solid on SSB as well.

Palomar SSB

I have a Palomar SSB 500 with the LC 7120 PLL chip with 1 1969 final. I bought mine doa on eBay Looks like I'm going to have to re cap it just for starters. In my parts list in the manual it says IC7 is a 145106 chip but the schematic shows the LC 7120 like is in the radio.

I have a Palomar SSB 500 with the LC 7120 PLL chip with 1 1969 final. I bought mine doa on eBay Looks like I'm going to have to re cap it just for starters. In my parts list in the manual it says IC7 is a 145106 chip but the schematic shows the LC 7120 like is in the radio.

Too bad it's not a 145106. 7120 is a dog chip.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.