• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Para Dynamics PDC 67 mic wiring for a cobra

Staybolt

Mar 20, 2013
Does anyone knbow what this darn mic wires to? Ive tried to wire it to a 4 pin for a Cobra but all it does is squeal. I take it it wires differently than an astatic?

Take the back off and post a photo of the keyswitch - a good detailed one so we can then offer some direction.

Not much on the net for a PDC67

So the blue wire doesnt go with the shield?

As far as I know, Paradynamics is actually Astatic. I would THINK, they'd use the same color codes. But, I believe any radio that doesn't need to have a mic plugged in to receive only needs three wires. Remove the wire from pin 4 and try it.

Well i figured it out. 1 sh/black, 2 white/audio, 3 red/tx, 4 blue/rx....

Hhmmm, that's very strange, actually. The Cobras I have owned and my Strykers don't even need pin 4. And the blue wire as a rule is usually a control wire for channels and such.

I guess we should have asked - what kind of Cobra?

Cobra 19+ or a Cobra 18Plus - usually have power getting sent to their Mic elements - they use Condenser Elements - which require power.

It would explain that squeal.

I guess we should have asked - what kind of Cobra?

Cobra 19+ or a Cobra 18Plus - usually have power getting sent to their Mic elements - they use Condenser Elements - which require power.

It would explain that squeal.
Was an old Cobra 77x i use to talk on for local.

Was an old Cobra 77x i use to talk on for local.

Ah, yes...

Big help there...

1672193851611.png

Things you have to be alert about - uses the 858 - so the ghost of "CyberNET" strikes again - the Audio Shield and Hot are swapped to the Cobra lines usual Pin 1 Hot and Pin 2 Shield and Ground are swapped.

Reasons for saying "Ghost" was due to its following of Galaxy's Mic wiring code

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated