• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Parrot Box for CB

Alexis Mercado

May 17, 2016
Hi. I am in search of a “ parrot” box for a Cobra CB radio. I think it’s official name is simplex repeater. When someone transmit on a channel where this “ parrot “ is connected, it repeats exactly what you say. It has some kind of a recording device. It can records several seconds and then, this parrot box activates radio PTT.

Anyone know where to buy such “parrot “ box ?

Check for a Peat Repeat or Watergate recorder. They are installed inside the radio and there is a small red and black button to control it.

Alexis, are you looking for a " simplex repeater"?
Do you want to record audio and play it back, or are you wanting something you set up with a radio, it receives a signal, records it and then activates the ptt on the radio and plays it back over the air?

Not sure what you are looking for.

Jeff

Alexis, are you looking for a " simplex repeater"?
Do you want to record audio and play it back, or are you wanting something you set up with a radio, it receives a signal, records it and then activates the ptt on the radio and plays it back over the air?

Not sure what you are looking for.

Jeff
I want something to set up with a radio to receives a signal, records it and then activates the ptt on the radio and plays it back over the air

Those are really aggravating Those are really aggravating Those are really aggravating Those are really aggravating
LOL right along with noise toys and aftermarket roger beeps

Reactions: Greg T
They are useful if you place them at a high level to get to areas that you are not able to reach directly.
Example.
User down in the valley, repeater radio at 7000 feet elevation, user down on Huntington Lake.
You could never reach the lake from the valley, but the repeater can easily hear both.
This is a very simple , simplex, record and forward repeater.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.