• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Part of my collection

dxhound

Nov 17, 2006
Since Ive been deployed to Korea, Ive been collecting some radios hear and there. All of them are mint in like new condition. This will be added to my collection back in the states when I return in January....ENJOY

100_0878.jpg

100_0877.jpg

100_0885.jpg

100_0884.jpg

Last edited:

My wife is a retiree of the Air Force and previously served in th Navy, I was in the Navy (SEABEES), we are both veterans and support you 100%.

Nice collection!
By the way, what rig do you use for dx'ing?

Last edited:
Well God bless you DX hound. My son is in the Air Force, he is deployed in Qatar Al Uldeid AFB. I think that is the spelling, correct me if I am wrong. He has been in for 2years so far and has 4years to go. He is normally stationed at Pope as a C-130 crew chief.

Good luck, you have a great setup there. how does the digital watt meter work? I was looking at them on line and thought about buying one.

AP

Well God bless you DX hound. My son is in the Air Force, he is deployed in Qatar Al Uldeid AFB. I think that is the spelling, correct me if I am wrong. He has been in for 2years so far and has 4years to go. He is normally stationed at Pope as a C-130 crew chief.

Good luck, you have a great setup there. how does the digital watt meter work? I was looking at them on line and thought about buying one.

AP
Those lp-100's are very good from reports I've heard.

7732- I use the ft817 mostly for Ham DXing. I have VERY limited space here so I cant put up a decent antenna. So I bought a nice lil qrp 10-80m vertical and I take the rig up on a hill that overlooks the yellow sea. Works pretty darn good! I love that little rig. I used a Icom 746 back in the states but sold it before I left because I didnt want to store it.
In the states though on the 11 meter band I use the 2950 mostly, but I keep a pretty regular rotation going.

Airplane- I was stationed just sout of pope at Shaw AFB SC. I have driven to pope before to transport our classifieds. That an odd base the way the AF base is situated inside and Army base. Tell your son to keep his nose clean and he will advance fast. with 2 years in and a 6 year enlistment, he should be an A1c about to put on his third stripe as a Senior Airman. I have been in for 4.5 of my 6 years so far and have been a SSgt for 5 months now. So dont ever let anyone tell him he cant make Sgt in 4 years!!! He can do it!

As for the LP-100, It is probably the best piece of equipment I own! I love the features and the display is awesome. I bought the kit and assembled it and sent it back to them to get calibrated and the furthest it was off was 2%!!! They are VERY accurate and the diff modes it provides are great for Tube rigs where you just have to key for 2 seconds and keep it in peak mode and adjust accordingly. If you have the change, buy it! If you are the least competent w/ a solder Iron build the kit and save some money. I did it in 2 evenings.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!! I KNOW PEOPLE DONT THINK WE CARE TO HEAR THOSE WORDS, BUT I CAN TELL YOU, ITS NICE TO KNOW THE AMERICAN PEOPLE STILL SUPPORT US EVEN THOUGH OUR POLITICAL LEADERS DONT!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    No conditions woodstown NJ.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place