• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Passengers Now Must Be Able to Power Up Some Electronics During TSA Screenings

ARRL

Nov 15, 2008
Airline passengers boarding direct flights to the US from overseas may be asked to power up certain electronic devices being carried aboard, including cell phones. The announcement did not single out any other electronics. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has directed Transportation Security Administration (TSA) screeners at certain overseas airports with direct flights to the US to “i...

More...

AFAIK this is not new. Airports have long asked that personal electronics be able to be powered up and demonstrated to security that it is in fact a working unit. 25 years ago I had someone bring a British FM CB radio modded for 10m over to me from the UK. He removed the screws so he could open the case easily for security as he had no way to power it up.

Reactions: 1 person
At least the TSA personnel deployed overseas will now have the satisfaction of knowing ahead of time that the electronics they're stealing won't kill them. :tongue:

TSA screener: I need to turn your phone on to ensure it is not a bomb

Abul: of course, just push the POWER button

KaBoom

Abdul: Allah Akbar

:blink::blink::blink:

TSA screener: I need to turn your phone on to ensure it is not a bomb

Abul: of course, just push the POWER button

KaBoom

Abdul: Allah Akbar

:blink::blink::blink:

Allah Akbar, bismullah is used BEFORE execution. (y)
Cool story bro

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry to say it but air travel to, out and within the US is really painful for the vast majority of travellers these days. Sign of the time I guess.

Even passengers flying on international air traffic that must fly over US territory or anywhere within US airspace even if not landing within the USA have to face certain restrictions.

Even passengers flying on international air traffic that must fly over US territory or anywhere within US airspace even if not landing within the USA have to face certain restrictions.

Back in 1999 I flew to 関西国際空港, security was tight there, but when I came back to LAX I had packed Fireworks in my luggage below and never got in trouble. Stupid haji terrorist have to ruin everything for us U.S citizens

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I remember when you could visit the cockpit on commercial airliners. In the late 80's I flew to the Caribbean and my travel partner asked on a whim if she could see the cockpit. I have a few pictures somewhere of us standing in the cockpit of the Lockheed L-1011 Tristar with the pilot/co-pilots posing in the background. Things have changed immensely since those times.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.