• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Patiently awating the arrival of my Icom ic-7000

romakdaddy

Jul 2, 2009
I got an awesome,super great deal on it with an antenna tuner,remote cord,desktop and hand mic.thanks for the heads up W5LZ!!

everything $685 shipped.
heres some pics he sent.ill get the radio tuesday..just waiting on UPSanta...its like christmas in july....lol
IMG_4229.jpg

IMG_4228.jpg

IMG_4226.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
For best transmit audio...

"If you want the best transmit audio out of an IC-7000, here's a suggestion. Set the transmit audio to Wide position, and set the low frequency setting of the Wide position to 100 Hz. Close talk the microphone (one inch away from your lips), and set the microphone gain at about 7% for the average voice. And, if your were thinking about doing a microphone mod to increase the low frequency content, forget it, as this defeats the HM-151's noise canceling capability; something you don't want to do".

The preceding instructions were taken from the following link. I adjusted mine and people can't believe I'm on a little ICOM IC-7000

Miniature Radios

Last edited by a moderator:
I got an awesome,super great deal on it with an antenna tuner,remote cord,desktop and hand mic.thanks for the heads up W5LZ!!

Is this someone W5LZ knows?

If you don't mind, how did you pay? Paypal, Money Order, Western Union? PM me if you wish

Hope you enjoy the 7000. One of the best mobile rigs I own! If you plan on using it
as a base rig, do yourself a favor and get one of those little 7" Coby TV's that have a
standard video input (using a 1/8th inch mono plug & cable) hook it up to the video out
on the 7000 and you'll have a very easy on the eyes, display to look at! I picked my Coby up at a hamfest for $20. Best deal going. And as has been mentioned, don't mess with the mike mods, I get great audio reports with it just as it came out of the box.
Another thing, the radio will get hot (but, not outside design specs) and it has an internal fan that comes on after a preset temp and transmit time. Main thing is to not block the vents on the radio. If the temp of the radio bothers you, just put a small fan somewhere off to the side of the radio and let it blow across it. I have not done this as I have yet to have a problem with mine.
Great deal on an awesome radio!!
trucker

Happy_Hamer,
Well, just wrote a post all about this, and also discovered a button on a new mouse that I didn't even know was there. The post disappeared.
So, again but in a much shorter form, yes, the seller is a local friend of mine. I saw him Sunday when he said he was thinking of selling the IC-7000, and remembered someone here was thinking about buying one. One thing and another, and you see what happened. The 'deal' was between those two, I didn't have anything to do with any part of it. But I figure one of them owes me a beer! Right?
- 'Doc

Reactions: 1 person
Happy_Hamer,
Well, just wrote a post all about this, and also discovered a button on a new mouse that I didn't even know was there. The post disappeared.
So, again but in a much shorter form, yes, the seller is a local friend of mine. I saw him Sunday when he said he was thinking of selling the IC-7000, and remembered someone here was thinking about buying one. One thing and another, and you see what happened. The 'deal' was between those two, I didn't have anything to do with any part of it. But I figure one of them owes me a beer! Right?
- 'Doc

Glad to hear Doc, I was reading on one of the ham forums someone got ripped off buying a ICOM IC-7000, cheap.

If you know him, it should all be good, (y)

Last edited:
Glad to hear Doc, I was reading on one of the ham forums someone got ripped off buying a IC-7000, cheap.

If you know him, it should all be good, (y)

That was my concern also. I know I wouldn't part with just my 7000 for that price - let alone include a desk mic and antenna tuner. That's a swell of a deal.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.