• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

patriot pat-12 antenna problems

Trainwreck

Aug 4, 2012
i am pretty new at the base station side of radios,so when i decided to put up a base antenna i thought "no big deal anybody can do it" guess i lied to myself . the radio i use is a galaxy 66v the antenna is on three sections of galvanized steel (actually 4 sections, on is drove 4 ft in the ground) that are screwed together with ground stapping attached to each screw with a copper ground wire to a grounding rod in the ground. the problem is i can not get my swrs lower than a 3. and i do not want to burn anything up i just dont have any idea where to start to get my swrs lower, any ideas or advice would help alot. thank you for your help:censored:

i have one

i could never get the swrs down no matter what i did.
so i put it back it the box. in the closet it sits. been in there for 3 years

I also had a Patriot 12 antenna and had high swr's also and the tuning rings could not adjust it down to a workable reading. When I bought that antenna I was just getting back into CB's again and went by price over performance. I have since changed my antenna and no more Chinese coax and I have a completely different performing radio now. By getting rid of that antenna is the only way to fix it

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.