• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PC68LTX, Schematic, pot adjustments, anything?

radio429

Jun 14, 2008
North Carolina
First one of these I have played with. Been away from a lot of these for a while. Back at it now!
By trial and error I have found:

RT402 is TX meter adj
RT3 is RX Meter adj
RT301 ref osc freq (tx freq adjust)

Anyone have a schematic? Does Uniden even supply these anymore? With CBtricks in limbo for who knows how long, just curious if there is another main resource of information out there I am missing!!

Hello, all that is left is RT401 and RT2 which has RF printed by it. Did you ever get more info on the board? Were your original trial and error correct. 20200201_210659.jpg Like what adjusts the modulation? Any help would be appreciated..

Another thread bump, I picked one of these up today for 20 bucks from a driver and it works. It's all smt so limited for an average guy. I'm assuming rt401 is modulation judging by the circuit around it. This one has a segment out in the channel led so by trial and error I'll soon find out if it's common anode or common cathode.

I tend to agree with @nomadradio , many a PLL still "sinks" current into itself (read this as looks for Pins to be set high) so to solve for wiring and Polling of display issues, they use common POSITIVE (Anode) source with dropping across the Segments and the BCD or "Encoder" together - one feed, branches to the segments and to the encoder - uses a separated "pole" for feed to keep display and Channel selector separate and noise free interactions from each other.

Since they've gone to LCD, the "noise" problem is handled differently - LED though, is all thru that channel display board and it's set of noise filtering.

The older 787 used an LCD channel display and encoder - but still used single supply feed.

So some displays, LED style...
upload_2020-9-26_9-38-30.png
Uniden PC-68LTX​

Others LCD...
upload_2020-9-26_9-36-52.png
Uniden 787​

Why would this be important?

The Channel SELECTOR in the 68LTX is BCD and LED integrated like their older predecessors and uses a multiple Pole Wafer switch, hence the support for the channel display is on the selector and Channel board for the front panel
  • - in radios like the 787, A LOT of support was done at the front panel for it's display, channel and PLL interface and uses Analog switches to be buffered with Digital Darlington on the main PCB - reducing the noise.
  • This is always reciprocal - they had to use an oscillator to "poll" for changes in switch status. So in doing that, actually injected noise from itself in the polling of the display - so they have other issues to tame (still to this day some "buzz" can be heard as a high-pitched "ring" or whine from this front panel shielding problem.)

So your missing segment, with LED displays having been improved considerably since the original days - may also indicate a "Face-plant" radio - radio that suffered from getting dropped and it landed on its front panel with the Channel knob taking most of the impact - that may mean internal damages can show up later.

Well both of you gents were correct, it was a common anode. I hadn't read you fellas reply before I went to working on it so I learned the hard way. Tried one of the replacement com/cathode for the old pc68 or 25ltd and was a no go. Installed with a com/anode and worked like a charm. Checking in on the forum this afternoon and I see the reply from you fellas, I could have saved myself time.....

After the channel display replacement it all works like it should, no frills plane jane am radio. A backup mobile for 20 bucks I guess it's ok.

Reactions: TM86
Another thread bump, I picked one of these up today for 20 bucks from a driver and it works. It's all smt so limited for an average guy. I'm assuming rt401 is modulation judging by the circuit around it. This one has a segment out in the channel led so by trial and error I'll soon find out if it's common anode or common cathode.
Did you ever figure out if RT401 was modulation?

Reactions: Crossbow

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.