• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

pdx400 not keying up

modulator

Dec 25, 2008
i just got a pdx400 that doesnt key up ,all lights up but will not key up even if i push i the relays manually, any ideas?

Is that thing line keyed, or RF keyed? If it's RF keyed, the keying transistor is probably bad and needs to be replaced, assuming the relay is working properly.

Modulator, I'm assuming you mean you tried actuating the relay manually and applied drive to the tubes while the relay was in TX position, and this resulted in no output?

That being the case my first check would be relay contacts, and the High voltage supply. Just be careful and remember some nasty levels of voltage in there...

D&A PDX-400

Although most of these guys on here mean well,it should be stated,if you don't know what you are talking about,just shut up!I have never received one correct answer on here,just a bunch of radio talkers that want people to see how "smart sounding"they are!(y)Now,with that said,the amp was set up as a transmitter to get by the FCC.All you have to do is build,or have built,the exact same keying circuit the D&A Phantom 500 has in it.One more thing,it will work as a transmitter too,but it was really made as a you know what band type amp..Good luck friend.

I guess "n0zna"does not want anyone to know the PDX400 was disguised as a CW Transmitter,but is actually a 9 tube linear amplifier.Well friend,mine puts out big watts as a linear,and the person that cannot get his to key is welcome to email me for the pics on the keying circuit!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.