• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Pearce-Simpson Panther SSB CB Radio microphone wiring schematic

Rapidrob

Jul 4, 2016
I've had this radio since new in the 70's. The microphone is missing and I need to replace it. It is a 3 wire pin out.
Does anyone here have a microphone schematic?
Thank you.

the schematics is in cb tricks,,, looking at that is just a repeat of above 1 is audio 2 is grd and 3 is the ptt,, the owners manual and schematics is in cb tricks

Thank you for the info. Little concerned for the "Not Compatible" remark in the description.

If you are referring to the N.C. abbreviation, that refers to NO CONNECTION.

Meaning if you are wiring up an Astatic mic by their color codes in the Astatic mic wiring manual, The yellow and black would be left unconnected using only the white, blue, and red wires to pins 1, 2,and 3.

I need to find a replacement mike. Any recommendations?
In my day I had a Turner Plus-3 mike on the radio.

It was not " No Connection",but thanks for the reply.
Well yes, looking at the column on the right in the Astatic mic manual it says " Not compatible" with the SE Plus series at that pinout since that is a voltage line. The column on the left shows the same mic wiring for many different Pearce radios including yours using other Astatic mics.This was the N/C I was referring to.

Take a look at the manual on the left side columns you will see the Panther SSB and the wiring for it. When you see N/C it means no connection or at least the way I learned it as. Although I usually see written as N.C. Either way, that is the correct wiring for your radio with Astatic mics.

Astatic D-104 mics are good for using it as a base station. Astatic 636L or the Astatic RD104E Road Devil mics for mobile operations are some good suggestions for you.

Last edited:
The Pearce-Simpson Panther SSB uses the same Uniden "Coffin" mike found on many different models of Cobra, Midland, Robyn, etc. radios. The only difference is the "Pearce-Simpson logo on the front (and of course the mic wiring). Many P-S radios used the same mic, and you should be able to find an original on EBAY or CL.

Pearce-Simpson_Panther SSB_manual.png

Reactions: 2RT307
The Pearce-Simpson Panther SSB uses the same Uniden "Coffin" mike found on many different models of Cobra, Midland, Robyn, etc. radios. The only difference is the "Pearce-Simpson logo on the front (and of course the mic wiring). Many P-S radios used the same mic, and you should be able to find an original on EBAY or CL.

View attachment 18347

Not shown in this pic, but I had mine converted to a 4pin. Works great with the coffin mic.

Brett

The Wilson Trucker Noise Canceling microphone ( non-battery powered) showed up today. None of the wires made any sense when I Ohm'ed them out.
I opened up the mic and the radio plug. The previous owner was only using three of the pins*. The Mic has six wires. (* as I'd like to do for my Peirce-Simpson Panther CB radio).
The way the four pin male plug is wired now is:
PIN-1: Blue and Shield
PIN-2: White
PIN-3: Not used, no wires. It did have a wire at some point due to old soldier.
Pin-4: Red and Black.

I do not know the wiring colors for my three pin P/S Panther radio. I can install a four pin jack or solder the wires to my original three pin plug.
What info I do have is:
PIN-1: goes to TR24 and then to the main radio circuitry.
PIN-2: Ground and Shield
PIN-3: Relay Transmit and Receive?
I have not found any wiring for the Wilson Trucker microphone.
Can anyone here help with the pin code and wiring colors to get this mic to work on my P/S Panther radio?
Thanks for any help.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.