• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Pennsylvania 500 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series

KingCobra_CDX882

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Mar 30, 2005
anybody know what frequencys they use in the cars..

would be nice to know since i am going to the race..

sort of add another demension being able to listen to the cars talking to their pit crews

thanks in advance

i am leaving on saturday mourning to go watch it..

later all

Wish Iwas going to the Nextal race but I am going to the next best one. The Busch boys are at Pikes Peak and I do have tickets. Supposed to be 97 degrees, kind of hot ,bit I'm sure we will enjoy anyway.
Ed

well i will let you know how it goes..

i have nearly 100 frequencys..

seems i may also need check at the track for most updated list..

i will gladly pass it on here next week when i come back..

has been almost 30 years since i went to see a major race in person

later

Hey All..

How is it going..
it worked out very well indeed..

it took me 2 hours to program just one of my radios..
it was worth it..

was a great race and very interesting race..
therefore..
will make plans for wakins glen race in september..

95% of the frequency's i got worked..
it put a totally different angle on watching the race..

at one point the 99 car was arguing with officials that there was debre on track..
main offical kept yelling at another official to look and not take the drivers word..
but 20 laps later other spotters comfirmed there was a soda bottel on the track and out came a causion flag..

was supposed to be 200 laps it went 202 laps for lap 199 went to a causion as did lap 201 when both causion and white flag were given..

however the pocono speedway does not have a clue on how to arrange to get those at the race away from the track..
it took me 4 hours to get 4 miles away..

a trip home that should have been 90 mins to 2 hours tops took 7.5 hours..

still was a great weekend..

if you people want those frequency's..i can post them tommorrow or tuesday...

later all

trip home that should have been 90 mins to 2 hours tops took 7.5 hours..
Good God were you racing a old lady home? Im glad you had a very fun time. I cant stand to watch Bp and wally on tv. They suck balls. DW and the other guys are better. Yeah next time they go to Kansas ill have to get the Freq. for it. Glad to hear you had a fun time. While you were out at the races i was tubeing, the waves beating the Sh*t out of me. Still sore and i can barley lift anything because the kicked my ass. Meet one of my sisters friends. OMG was she hot. I would have tap'd that when she was drunk be shes going to be married in July of next year. :? Lot of nice looking chicks at the beach. Well anyway glad to hear you had a awesome time. CDX197

hey..

i bet you do not realise the babes that go to the races..

yes there are great babes at the beach...
but many of the super hot ones go to the races..

later

next..

it is off to watkins glen international speedway in september for the amerifcan LeMans series and for IRL indycar

later

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.