• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Performing Alignments

Now, is it possible to pipe audio in thru the mic jack from an audio device? I'm building a mix switch box, and if I put an "aux in" jack into it, maybe a couple ceramic caps to isolate the input of DC, could this be used for the 1kHz used for adjusting ALC and such?

If that is what you want to do - just use the "mic" stock and just hold it or rubber band it to hold the PTT key down and just let the audio "talk to it" either by a transistor Radio (like interstation FM Hiss actually works better "it's pink noise" ) speaker or using the other CB radio tuned to the channel as the feedback squeal - annoying yes, but it develops a "resonance" between the two radios as it's predominate tone feedback which can work better for setting ALC than a simple 1kHz tone from a portable MP3 player speaker - but that's just me...

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.