• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Philly Grant XL with "The Mod"

I was grateful to find a Philly Grant XL at a Hamfest for $10!!! It doesn't have 'The Mod' - just stock. It was broken, and I fixed it. Gave it a test spin; I must say that the receive is xlnt.

Is it better than an export? Well, compared to my Galaxy 99V or my OmegaForce receiver quality; I think they are all equal. As far as other features go, the 99V and the OmegaForce are superior. As a CB - the XL is certainly on the top of the heap.

i picked up a grant xl locally for $30 a while back . looks rough on the outside but except for needing a new meter its %100 electrically . clean pots and switches , only thing done was a fixed talkback , which i removed . good deals on these can be found for those not able or willing to pay $100 or $150 or even more for a NOS or almost mint one .

there should be some mod boards available next week.
keep checking the posts in the group to get on the list.

they are done first come first serve, and Ron tries to let people who dont have one yet get first crack at them.

later,
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.