• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Picked Up Another Radio Today

TexasOutlaw

Jul 13, 2009
Highlands, Texas
In my travels today I found a purchased a President Jackson. Its in fair shape cosmetically. Got it n the bench and seems to work very well. It has not been modded at all. Looking forward to playing with this one. Its the siler face not the black face model. I found this in a pawn shop and they guy had no idea what he had......

Its an am/ssb/fm export black face radio. May have it sold already to a customer. QWe've sold 3 radios and 1 amp on E-bay in the past week. Just listed another radio today. If you are looking for something specific let me know....

In my travels today I found a purchased a President Jackson. Its in fair shape cosmetically. Got it n the bench and seems to work very well. It has not been modded at all. Looking forward to playing with this one. Its the siler face not the black face model. I found this in a pawn shop and they guy had no idea what he had......

The Jackson is a first generation export and it is a dog compared to the exports available today. I owned one and I couldn't sell it fast enough! On SSB they are pretty good.

This is the second one that I have owned. I think you are a bit harsh in your estimation of these radios. I really liked the first one and this one wasn't bad either. Put some fire in the wire behind them, they do great. No they don't have the technology of these new mosfet powered radios. But in 20 years people will most likely say the same about them.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.