• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

picking up am radio

getting Fort Worth Texas radio station on 25.915

What mode? FM? If it is FM then it is an STL or studio-transmitter link that carries the program audio from the studios out to the transmitter site. There are still some of those old licenses grandfathered and every now and then one pops up on the air when the band is open. I used to listen to a station in Ocala Florida on 26.250 in FM mode.

do you use that 9RCR265 as a call sign? if so sorry I don't care to respond back with that many digits.

depends on the freq range i run but sometimes ya. >.405 if im just shooting after a call i'll use 265 until i'm asked for my full cs. There's another 265 that has popped up about 100 mi. from me as well so it helps differentiate. It's not like i'm using ##seperation##LL###seperation### :)

thanx B_B and CK

it comes across AM louder but is just as discernible on FM. Just found it odd anything of that manner would still be coming across such low frequencies

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.