• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

pin the coax!

Never was a pinner -but thought about doing it. Never got pinned although I'm sure some may have wanted to do that to me - it's why I always ran my coax through some conduit before it entered the house- can't be too careful you know!

Locally we have a joker known as 'The Preacher'. He likes to sit in the back of his van up near one of the truck stops and blather on for hours at a time, rarely letting up on the key. He doesn't have much power so after a mile or so he kind of fades away, but I have thought about just going up to the van and snipping his coax cable (He runs a magnet mount!) Dumb bastard would probably never know he was off the air.

Never was a pinner -but thought about doing it. Never got pinned although I'm sure some may have wanted to do that to me - it's why I always ran my coax through some conduit before it entered the house- can't be too careful you know!

Locally we have a joker known as 'The Preacher'. He likes to sit in the back of his van up near one of the truck stops and blather on for hours at a time, rarely letting up on the key. He doesn't have much power so after a mile or so he kind of fades away, but I have thought about just going up to the van and snipping his coax cable (He runs a magnet mount!) Dumb bastard would probably never know he was off the air.

Make up something that looks like a claymore or other IED complete with a fuse. Affix a magnet to it and sneak up and stick it on the van and start pounding on it yelling for him to come out.Then run like hell. On the "bomb" post a note to the effect that you proved you could do it and the next time he pulls that stunt you WILL do it for real.

Man.....I REALLY do have too much time on my hands today.:laugh:

at the time people was cutting the cable line putting in a t and running cable to their trailor,,, the cable techs just seen a rg 58 cable run down the side of my trailor and up in the trees where the cable and electric poles were run behind the homes there is only about 10 feet of space between the houses... the antenna was a home brewed Jpole made from rg59 coax and a piece of tv flatline pulled up against trees and fence..

also the house was being rented and a lot rent was being paid,,, tresspass no such thing all the ultilites had to do was say they were there and do what they wanted i didnt own what was in the ground to trailors...

People should really be aware or their legal rights when renting. Far too many people get screwed over like you did because they simply either do not know the laws or assume that since they rent they have no rights to privacy or protection of private property even on rented land. The long and the short of it was they destroyed YOUR property without proof that you had done anything wrong. In Texas it would have been just another case of justifiable homicide the minute their hands touched the coax or antenna.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.