• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

pin the coax!

space cowboy

Quack Quack
Oct 16, 2012
Michigan
I remember this being a big local threat around here in the 80's.
shut up or I'll pin your coax.
someone should track him down and pin his coax.

but I never knew anyone who had done it or had it done to them. the closest I ever hear of was "I knew a guy who had it done to them". but never met "this guy"...

anyone out there who was a pinner or pinee?

haha

back in the 80s we had this one guy. he got drunk every night
and play music he bled all 40+ i hooked a chain around his antenna.
and drove off. while he was holding the mic. his radio went on a trip with me.
never heard him on the air again after that. we used to do some crazy shit back then.

Reactions: 5 people
well,........... I can remember building a "crystal ball" with a 555 IC in it.

somehow,................ it ended up on some ones neighbors roof:D:D

Is that the low power one?
Maybe a mini solar cell might keep it going for weeks,months that is until someone found it or bribe a family member to place it in his attic. :D

COAX

Back in the early 80's I came home from work and someone had cut my coax to both antennas. Only did it once, neighborhood was going down hill so we moved, glad we did.
DOCTOR 795

I'll shoot some bastard comes on my property. That's personal property destruction, and will be dealt with in the proper manner.

about 10 years ago i had a 11 meter jpole up between the trailor i was in at the time and the woods that was at the back of the park,,, come home one day and it was all pulled down and cut up,, found out the cable people had come thru and thought i was stealing cable ,, they wouldnt replace my coax or the wire antenna but i was going to move anyway...

Why does the bloody spell checker default to American ?

I take issues with that as well. Just because Americans abuse the English language by being too lazy to type extra letters like "u" is no reason the rest of the English speaking world should be forced to misspell words just to "correct". :whistle:

To me it is colour, vapour, metre, theatre, honour, etc. My keyboard is usually set to US English but even setting it to Canadian Multilingual does not change the spell checker.

about 10 years ago i had a 11 meter jpole up between the trailor i was in at the time and the woods that was at the back of the park,,, come home one day and it was all pulled down and cut up,, found out the cable people had come thru and thought i was stealing cable ,, they wouldnt replace my coax or the wire antenna but i was going to move anyway...

I see two thing wrong with that.

1)- Why would the cable company think you were stealing cable when you had an antenna installed.

2)- What they did was trespass and willfully and without protection of lawful order destroy private property which amounts to vandalism. Moving or not I would have at least complained to the police and asked for charges to be laid. Failing that the local news agency is always looking for stories like that. Yeah I can be a vengeful SOB when it comes to messing with my stuff.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.