• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Plate voltage for the SB-201

n4idaham

Nov 30, 2022
Just getting a general poll form SB-201 owners as to what the meter is showing for the high voltage keyed and unkeyed.

Thanks Al

It will read whatever the worn-out HV meter circuit resistors cause it to read.

The accuracy of that meter function shrinks with age. And it's well over the 1000-Volt limit of most general-purpose volt meters. Can't just check it that way.

The HV transformer delivers 800 Volts AC into a full-wave voltage doubler circuit. The DC voltage you get on receive with no current load is 2.828 times 800, or 2260 Volts DC, more or less. Odds are that under full load at full power output the voltage will drop about 10 percent.

But what the built-in HV meter reads is determined by both age and mileage on those three 4.7 megohm HV-meter resistors.

Reactions: Dmans

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated