• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Pleasant surprise Sirio New Tornado

Fuzzybr

Oct 2, 2005
Just recently installed this antenna. A great antenna for cb, but guess what? It loads up and performs great on 40 Meters.

Fuzzybr

watch out for static build up,, this antenna is not dc grounded,, I had some nice sparks the last couple snow/wind storms from the coax,, I don't know why the specs say its dc grounded but its not, other than that it is a great antenna

lets try this again

1) a diople is not dc grounded either.
2) it loads up and PERFORMS GREAT on 40 mtrs. This was also tested with a Comet CAA-500 antenna analyzer.

So not only does one have a ant for 24-30 mhz(A-99) now one can have an ant for 40 mtr and 11-10 mtrs

If you are happy with the performance of that antenna then good! By all means, jeep and use it. But please don't think that it " PERFORMS GREAT on 40 mtrs ", that won't/can't. 'Great' is a matter of personal experience, I guess, so knock your self out with it.
- 'Doc

Funny ou should bring up the Antron 99 with a comparison "(24-30MHz)" against 40 10-11 meters. Well you should sitdown for this but my Antron 99 along with everyone else I know that has one can "load" them up from 17-10 meters some even loaded them on 20 Meters. Now efficient?? Nope definately wasted power but will it work?? Yupp, But let see 40, 10, 11 and 12 meters loadup verses, "Occasionally 20", 17, 15, 12, 11 and 12 meters With Antenna Tuner ofcoarse)

I have propper antennas for the bands but I take an Antron 99 along with a G5RV for portable use and they keep me busy all day and if it was for me loving 80 meters Ide just use the Antron 99. Yes I know a G5RV is not the best antenna but notice I said "portable" At home my antennas are cut to be resonate for where I talk.

You have to remember with antennas that "Efficiency" is an important factor if we want to get serious or down to the nitty gritty as alot of people do.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.