• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Please define term

MatchboxMan

Apr 2, 2006
U.S.A.
Hi, new guy here. Nice site you fellows have. :D
I'm a ham but I haven't been on the air in 8 years and was into C.B. first but haven't messed with C.B. since the late 60's early 70's.
My question is exactly what is meant by "talkback"? Is this another term for anti-vox? tks.

I use to run a Midland 898 b with a PAL vfo, that was a great rig.
I still have a Cobra 148gtx export model around somewhere I use to run with a Blackcat amp (class AB2).

I was looking over a C.B. store site I found here and all I can say is WOW! The rigs now of days are great!

all it means is when you key the mic if you have talk back in the radio you can hear what you sound like. just like the people on the other end..

hope this helps!! :D

Bobby

The features of the radios have increased, but the quality leaves much to be desired! You still can't beat a Uniden Grant or an older Cobra 148 GTL!

for years I really didn't care much for talkback , I just didn't see the need for it , once I got into echo/reverb I kind of needed it to set my board to where I wanted it ,then came noise toys and I needed to hear those to make sure they were clean and not over modualted when I played them. Talkback can come both ways ,on all the time are switched on/ off when you feel you got everything set the way you want. After a short time with talkback , I really became to like it and use it 24/7 now on the AM side. It just lets me know that everything is set where I want it and IM not over modulated or overly loud. Nowadays ,if I didn't here it when I keyed up , I'd feel naked. It always helps to have set just right for the user , to much talkback can be a problem with major feedback.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.