• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Poll for CB radio Operators

How much power are you running on Base station operation only, not mobile.

• 4 to 50 watts

Votes: 32 46.4%
  • 50 to 100 watts

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • 100 to 250 watts

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • 250 to 500 watts

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • 500 to 1KW

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • 1 KW plus

Votes: 4 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Right at the legal 4 watts AM and 12 SSB on my Uniden PC122 (set up as a base) and my Realistic TRC 490.

From down here, it skips everywhere.

So you're the guy I heard about. I heard a rumour that there was someone down in Fla. that was running strictly legal power on the CB band but thought it was just a rumour. :ROFLMAO:

Absolutely no need to run more power down here. A 32" Radio Shack magnetic mount antenna on the car will let me talk 20 miles to the house. The longer magnetic mount Stryker 5K and Wilson 1000 both get me about 35. A 102" whip will get me 40 miles to the house on legal power.

To boot, we don't have any obnoxious, distorted or foul mouth stations down here. We've taught Boy Scouts radio etiquette using VHF, FRS and CB without having to worry about any of the issues many of the rest of you cringe over.

They don't call this paradise for nothing.

To boot, we don't have any obnoxious, distorted or foul mouth stations down here. We've taught Boy Scouts radio etiquette using VHF, FRS and CB without having to worry about any of the issues many of the rest of you cringe over.

They don't call this paradise for nothing.

You can only say that because you don't hear what DX comes OUT of there. You are on the RX end. LOL Seriously though, I was joking about he power.

I'd be surprised if we have 5 stations regularly on 11 meter CB along the 106 mile stretch between Key Largo on the north end and Key West on the south. I am only aware of 3 stations between Marathon and Key West in the lower Keys. Continuing north, I haven't heard a station between Marathon and Key Largo in decades. Most CB traffic down here involves truckers and tourists on channel 19 looking for directions.

Reactions: wavrider

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated