• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Poll: Roger Beeps

How do you feel about roger beep usage?

• Hate them with a passion

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Hate them and those who use them

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Hate them and ignore the beeper user

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Are you looking for a way to use the stand your ground law to eliminate the beep user

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • I can tolerate them to a small degree

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • Love them and they help me meet other good buddies

Votes: 5 8.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

psycho

Running a special on our rooms!
Aug 25, 2006
Floriduh
Tell us how you feel about Roger Beeps. Attention NSA.....the 4th choice is just a light hearted joke.

Not enough multiple choices.
I run my roger beep unless I talk to someone who prefers not to roger beep or when I talk on SSB unless someone annoys me then I'll roger beep.

I don't like them and I ignore the person that is running them. We have the "kids" channel (sadly, it's channel 19.. I feel bad for the truckers that have to deal with them) and they all have 2-3 different roger beep modules all installed in their radios with their "endless echo" nonsense. Fortunately, the local SSB community won't deal with echo and roger beeps.

It would be awesome if we could convince the kiddies to turn all of it off once in a while and run some SSB, but oh well... wishful thinking, I guess.

~Cheers~

I don't mind a roger beep in long distance communication. Not skip, mind you, but like the time I was talking to a friend of mine who was 65 miles south of me in his mobile. The roger beep kept me from stepping on him. That's about the only time I think they are ok... otherwise, they're just annoying.

RT307

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated