• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Poor receive, please help.

I do not know if you are ever able to do this or it is even practical. I hope this idea may help. I can remember a gentleman, who had a lot more experience in radio matters than me, explain one day that on dump trucks when nothing else works to try a 102 inch whip and spring on the drivers side from bumper corner. This bumper should show good continuity for the ground. It should not impede your vision on the corner and the 102 inch whip and spring should take the pounding. Just throwing the idea out there.

Good evening folks, I felt it necessary to post the latest regarding my previous poor receive complaint which you were all very helpful with and all suggestions were greatly appreciated. As it turns out....the receive alignment was out. How I do not know since my hands were the only ones in there. None of the detection diodes or the detection transistor had failed and the two way is still there. The receive was just out of alignment. Bouncing, dirt, poor build quality...I dunno! Receive alignment done and the needle is bouncing, now have a noise floor and I can hear people.

Good evening folks, I felt it necessary to post the latest regarding my previous poor receive complaint which you were all very helpful with and all suggestions were greatly appreciated. As it turns out....the receive alignment was out. How I do not know since my hands were the only ones in there. None of the detection diodes or the detection transistor had failed and the two way is still there. The receive was just out of alignment. Bouncing, dirt, poor build quality...I dunno! Receive alignment done and the needle is bouncing, now have a noise floor and I can hear people.

Ive previously — and need to again — mod the radio mount slightly by adding Sorbothane bushings as bolt pads.

There are “hardness quotients” (durometer) to ascertain. One can use softest as it’s a matter not so much of cushioning against the big bumps , but vibration control.

Same for not letting mic swing around and bang stuff.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.