• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Portable Frequency Counter IBQ2006ST

Spud

Aug 23, 2012
Needed a frequency counter to realign a transceiver but didn't want to spend much money on something that will sit unused most of the time.

Looked at some used Fluke counters on an auction site for about 50 dollars, those would work great but they're big and bulky. I don't have a big work bench or storage for something like that.

Found an auction for a IBQ2006ST frequency counter, looks like an HT.

It reads 4 decimal places in if you change the default gate option. For example the display might say 27.0250Mhz. There are other even cheaper chinese counters up for auction but most wont read down into the HF spectrum.

There is an antenna on it which can be removed and a wire clipped to the input then clipped onto test points but what I did was to wrap a wire around the antenna then clip the wire to the test point and that worked fine.

It's small, simple to use, has a battery, can be used to align equipment, and to test your projects out.

Posted this for anyone was looking for a little device to read frequencies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated