• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Pot growing Static

Pot growing is... starting to cause alot of problems with CB radio operators...

well, I didn't post when this thread started,....... you gave them a chance to solve the problem and they told you it wasn't their problem.:oops:

just "plant" some non "legal" product on their property,............ and then narc them out:pop:

That's not correct. CB radio is not a licensed or protected radio service in the US. CB operates on regulated radio spectrum but that's about it. They usually issue fines or revoke someones ability to use the CB radio when that person has committed a serious or repeated violation of part 95. Or when the CB radio operator is interfering with a licensed radio service. As an example: A CB radio must accept any interference caused by a a Licensed Amateur radio station or other interference source but that same CB radio is not permitted to cause interference to a licensed Amateur Radio station or other licensed service.

The only way to resolve an interference issue involving CB radio where the CB is receiving the interference is for the CB Op to sit down with the neighbor causing the interference and try to work something out.

License by rule that is

Yes that is the term. I forgot what it was called. Since the FCC site is down I could not get a quote from there but many other sites include reference to the CB service being a licensed by rule service. One such site says

"Other general-purpose two-way radio services with simplified licensing requirements have also been established over the years in the US including GMRS and citizen's band, the latter now being licensed by rule, so that users don't need individual licenses."

Another says: " You don't need a license for a CB radio. Well, okay, technically you do, but it’s not something you have to apply for. Everybody with a CB radio is automatically deemed to have one. The FCC calls this “license by rule,” a legal fiction that simplifies life for everybody. Including the FCC, which long ago got tired of licking stamps to send out actual licenses."

This follows what I said about not needing an individual tangible license. As for the interference issue I disagree. CB can be protected from interference as well. There have been several cases where the FCC has ordered power utilities to clean up their act because of interference complaints issued by CBer's. Part 15 products are susceptible to zero protection from interference but not Part 95 gear.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.