• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Power supply and battery connected together?

well im sold.

the video is pretty telling, but it's this pic that i think really illustrates his point:

two-power-supplies-jpg.15455

thanks for that Tallman!
LC

Hmm, so I’m the cheap China clone, they draw a red oval? Probably trying to signify they’re from China, red, ya know? Erase that oval and it might work better?

You can order those from Alibaba if you find a trustworthy seller but you do usually get what you pay for. Sometimes you get a deal but sometimes you don’t.

I key up on AM, with amp on, and it dead keys 130W and the when I am whistling into the mic it drops to a steady 70W into a dummy load. I do not know if you have seen my other thread on that issue or not... Radio DK around 1.75W into amp, Even a 5W DK it does the same.

The other thread for reference:

https://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/amp-swings-lower-power.235263/

Does the PEP side continue to swing forward and only the average side go backwards?

I’d say that was too high of a dead key into the amp. I’d keep backing the input down until I saw forward swing. Assuming there’s nothing wrong with the amp itself that is...

Reactions: LeapFrog
I'd hate to clutter this thread with the amp issue, but 'll try to answer your questions.

What do you mean by the PEP side? Peak it shows fine, RMS it drops. Using Dosy Test Center.

This happens with both the Shooting Star 225 and a Palomar TX250 I have. On SSB, it swings like normal on the 225.

Back to the power supply...

Since I am going to be installing a new fan on this thing, I am asking for clarification..

The fan on it now is a puller - pulling air from the box after it came in thru holes on the opposite side. I always thought you wanted fans pushing air INTO the box for better air movement over the parts..

Should I install it pulling out or pushing air in?

yep. now I'm trying to find a replacement. The one I had was a 12V 0.12A, broken one is 12V 0.65A. Need a high flow model, not a PC power supply model

yep. now I'm trying to find a replacement. The one I had was a 12V 0.12A, broken one is 12V 0.65A. Need a high flow model, not a PC power supply model
On your search engine type in the brand name of the fan and then the model number and in the results you will find companies that sell them.

Yeah, Finding New Old Stock or Used. Looking on Newegg.com, found one but ships from China - 4 to 18 days delivery time..a lot of them on there like that, too. Doesn't anyone in America stock this stuff??

Broken fan: ADDA ad0812vb-A73GP

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.