• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Powering a Galaxy DX94HP

I think it would be easier and less time consuming just to properly run fused power wires to the battery:blink:

I decided I'm going to find me a good Galaxy 99. Hard to find 99's that's good on sideband and hasn't been screwdrivered to death. Ya'll know of any?

Lol, well...... sorry to say but a Galaxy 99 is anything but good on SSB. Great old school radio but SSB was it's major downfall. I would look at a Magnum S9, Magnum Delta Force. That's just me though. Take care. I guess the words Galaxy radio and SSB just don't go together.

Lol, well...... sorry to say but a Galaxy 99 is anything but good on SSB. Great old school radio but SSB was it's major downfall. I would look at a Magnum S9, Magnum Delta Force. That's just me though. Take care. I guess the words Galaxy radio and SSB just don't go together.

I agree and disagree. Galaxy's are decent on Sideband. Buddy of mine has a 99 and 2517 and both are tight on sideband. BUT I have to say when they get off, they're off! My tech (darn good one) spent 10 mins adjusting the pots and he still didn't get it set. But I've heard of Galaxy's being terrible and good on sideband.

Mean while. Back on the farm, Sonny boy Hand me a Screwdriver !!! What ya doin Pa ??
I'm a tryin to get more juice to that cigarette plug for your Ma. She needs more power to light her cigarettes.

Oh, By the way, I do have a Galaxy-99v that does pretty good on SSB. I guess I got a Rare Galaxy 99 that works Ok on SSB. Now , I did NOT said that the 99 works Great like the 2950 does, But this 99v that I have is NOt bad.

Oh, By the way, I do have a Galaxy-99v that does pretty good on SSB. I guess I got a Rare Galaxy 99 that works Ok on SSB. Now , I did NOT said that the 99 works Great like the 2950 does, But this 99v that I have is NOt bad.

The one I had years ago was nice, and 7 months out of the year after a ten minute warm up you could use it. Once winter weather arrived in the mobile i felt like a dog chasing his tail with that clarifier. On AM it was pretty much good all the time.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.